New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2018. V. A. Kolve, Glending Olson (eds.). Third Edition. Paperback. Near Fine. Chronology. Glossary. Selective Bibliographies. 14 x 23.5 cm. 695 pp. Item #13286
“This book has been more helpful to the students—both the better ones and the lesser ones—than any other book I have ever used in any of my classes in my more than a quarter century of university teaching.”
—RICHARD L. KIRKWOOD, University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
• The medieval masterpiece’s most popular tales, including—new to the Third Edition—The Man of Law’s Prologue and Tale and The Second Nun’s Prologue and Tale.
• Extensive marginal glosses, explanatory footnotes, a preface, and a guide to Chaucer’s language by V. A. Kolve and Glending Olson.
• Sources and analogues arranged by tale.
• Twelve critical essays, seven of them new to the Third Edition.
• A Chronology, a Short Glossary, and a Selected Bibliography.