New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2020. Wayne A. Rebhorn (ed. and revised tr.). Third Edition. Paperback. Fine/ As New. Chronology. Selected Bibliography. Index. 13 x 21 cm. 352 pp. Item #13296
“A highly-readable translation and very inclusive selection of critical responses, making this the best edition of the text for an undergraduate readership.” —Christian M. Billing, University of Hull
“It is quite thorough for one semester, and bears up well for ongoing study. This is a very well-thought-out concept for such a seminal work. It more than meets the requirements for my upper-level undergraduate courses.” —Jeff Steele, Principia College
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
• Wayne A. Rebhorn’s thorough and thought-provoking introduction to Machiavelli, his world, and his famous political treatise (1513).
• An accurate and highly readable translation, detailed explanatory annotations, and a map of North Central Italy in Machiavelli’s time.
• A judicious selection of Machiavelli’s other writings that inform his immense influence as a diplomat, democrat, and correspondent.
• Twelve interpretive essays from American and European sources, eleven of them new to the Third Edition.
• A selected bibliography and an index.