The Pickwick Club
A piece of Bleak House Books in your own home! Announcing The Pickwick Club, our own mail order book subscription service!
How can I join this awesome club you ask? Easy!
STEP ONE: pick your favorite genre. There are three to choose from: Mystery & Suspense, General Fiction, and Young Adult.
STEP TWO: tell us where to send your books
STEP THREE: email us at email@example.com with your three favorite authors
Then leave the rest to us!
Our knowledgeable staff will hand pick 3-4 books just for you, every 12 weeks. Read and keep the ones you want, return the ones you don’t want.
We might even thrown in some literary goodies from time to time to keep things interesting!
A yearly subscription costs HKD $800.00 and includes the cost of postage.
OUR 3 SUBSCRIPTION STREAMS
Mystery & Suspense will range from works by the old masters like Agatha Christie
and Rex Stout to works by lesser known authors that pack as much punch as the "classics".
General Fiction will run the gamut from Lao She to Yasunari Kawabata
to Graham Greene to Louise Erdrich to Kate Atkinson.
Young Adult is geared toward chapter book readers. In that stream readers
will find books by the likes of Roald Dahl, Judy Blume, John Green, and E.L. Konigsburg.
Terms, Conditions and Miscellany:
- The books will be used but in good reading condition
- The subscription is only available to local (Hong Kong) subscribers at present
- Unfortunately, BHB cannot take requests to further personalize subscriptions at this time like sending books by a specific writer or of a specific title
- If you receive a book that you are unsatisfied with you may exchange the book for another one of equal or lesser value. Just mail your unwanted book (shipping costs will be on you) or return it in person to our bookshop in San Po Kong
- Gift subscriptions are welcome. Just provide us with the name of the person receiving the gift subscription and delivery address for this person in the ‘shipping address’ section of the order form when you checkout, and we will take it from there